Friday, July 10, 2009

Miss my 'Ants' !

It was summer... sitting in my little studio in the peak of heat was sometimes quite frustrating. I don't have a fan either. So, as i stayed glued to my pretty purple mattress rolled on the floor and spoke to my hummingbirds; i would see a trail of ants almost everyday. The tiny red ants that followed a 'Q' system and the little & big black ants that ran around happazard! Sometimes, as i paint, an ant would run-up for a closer inspection and move on without even giving me an opinion!!

My funny *imaginative mind* was secretly glad that i worked with Acrylics which dried instantly. Otherwise, if it was oils, can you imagine these tiny little ant 'pugmarks' like specs all over my white sheet of paper !! SO, anyways.. as it was acrylic, i used to let these ants stroll around without charging them a heavy fine!

Well, these ants were having a feast in my studio with all the biscuit crumbs lying around. And ofcourse, they would help carry away the mosquitoes i killed now and then, into wherever their ant hole was. Sooon, i discovered that the summer-heat got to them too. Almost everyday i would see them making their way into my waterbowl that i use to paint! SO then, they made me get another waterbowl ! But they started visiting that too! Hmm.. What to do?! Nuthing much.. i realised they were smart enough to drink from the cleaner water! :) {WELL.. imagine me sitting there with a whole lot of waterbowls by my side and dipping my brush in the ones there are no ants getting drunk! hehe!}

However, now the days passed, the heat is gone and the weather is cloudy with a cool breeze whisping past. I don't see my ants anymore. No one to take my biscuit crumbs that lay around or inspect my paintings. I wonder where they have dissapeared to.

Ah! Missing those ants... they gave me good company as i paint! :)